Re: (ET) Where is the elec-trak wikipedia page?

In a message dated 7/11/2009 12:00:43 P.M. EDT,  Dave Roden wrote:

> There are still "free" (ad-supported) webservers,  but between the ads
and
> the stringent bandwidth limitations, most of  them seem pretty
abominable.

I thought so too, and I struggled for  several years with a paid-for web
site with Godaddy.com, but they STILL put ads  on my web page. (I guess
someone has to pay for those high-dollar Super Bowl ads  that they buy.)

Then I did some searching for free web hosting, and I  found a site with
user testimonials for a web host that sounded too good to be  true - every
user thought it was just great.

I checked it out, and I have  been using them for 3 different web sites,
and there is nothing on those sites  that I didn't put there myself. Take
look at: "http://www.reoengine.us/"; As  you can see, I'm not very good at
fancy web site design, but I don't have any  ads or popups there either.

That host I use is: "http://www.50webs.com/";  . The only thing I paid for
is my domain name - $15/year. That name can be  hosted anywhere I want.

So, without putting ads on my page, how do they  make any money? Well,
they
also host larger web sites, and can do about anything  a customer needs in
a commercial site. So if I ever need a big website, with  order forms,
databases, etc, who do you suppose I would choose? Why, I would  choose
the
company that has treated me fairly, with a truly FREE  website.

Works for me. Your mileage may vary...
Erv  Troyer
Lagrange, IN

Steps!