Re: (ET) Alltrax controller question

On 15 Jun 2009 at 19:55, Tom G wrote:

> Has anybody set up an Alltrax or curtis with a dash stick control
> similar to an 12S ?

I don't know how similar it is, but after experimenting with a couple
different foot pedal lashups, I ended up using a spare Solectria potbox I
had lying around, mounted to the instrument panel.  I made a faceplate
with
a mounting bracket for the potbox and a slot for the lever.  Then I put a
piece of vinyl tubing over the potbox's metal lever to make it easier and
more comfortable to operate.

Someday I'm going to add some damping to it somehow, though.  It's too
easy
to move.  Now and then I end up changing speed accidentally when I hit a
bump with my hand on the lever.

I added a toggle switch next to the lever to select reverse.  I was
surprised at how accustomed I was to the old 2-quadrant joystick style GE
lever, and it took me a while to get used to using the reverse switch
instead.  If I were doing it again, I might try rigging a way to simulate
the 2Q reversing.