(ET) charger problem

Hi,

My charger hums quietly when plugged in and the #30 wire from the circuit breaker is not attached to S2 on the charger, but when attached to S2, makes a very loud humming noise.  The capacitor is brand new and I a local alternator shop that rebuilt all my tractor motors told me that the diodes are fine (they recently replaced them).  The resistance from each diode to the heat plate measures zero.  Any ideas?  Do I need a new heat plate?  If so, where do I get one?

Thanks!

Paul