Re: (ET) Bad luck? bad lot? bad owner?

With it going from 6.25 to 4.1 makes me think bad cell. When you charge it back it up does it revert to 4.1V pretty fast?

- SteveS

tbamc wrote:
I bought the pack 300 miles away from me. Just happens I'll be there this weekend and will ask the vendor about this. I'd be VERY surprised if he admits this could in any way be related to defects in his batteries. :-) (But it just occurs to me--I ought to try to call US Battery.)

<So you may be suffering from
chronic undercharging on this particular brand of battery. >

I've been mildly concerned about this from time to time but would THINK even if this were the case, all the batteries would gradually loose oooph rather than a single battery failing?

<Did you clean the tops of the batteries thoroughly before you stored them? Dirt and acid mist, even if invisible, can cause high self discharge. >

I don't usually clean them. They typically look quite dry, in this dry climate, and appear fairly clean. That said, the most recent failed battery was in the front compartment and was quite dirty/damp. Mea culpa. Still, to go from 6.25v to 4.1v in 2 months just from self discharge? Possible? The other battery in the front was just as dirty and tests good.

<But OTOH I'm used to getting at least ten good years out of a set>

That HAD been my plan.  :-(

I make at least my share of stupid mistakes, but not using distilled7¢S$ater hasn't been one of them----yet. ;-)

Thanks.

Thon