Re: (ET) Elec-Trak.org site...

Pieter Litchfield wrote:
Not to belabor the point, but IMHO two wheel braking is always better than one wheel braking. The ET has, at best, one wheel braking.

However, your point about driving backwards is well taken. And we all know the mower deck works better in reverse than forward, so I guess that's more fuel for the fire!

Hitting the brakes when going backwards on a down grade is a bad thing. When you do this, the rear wants to stop, and it creates a pivot around the rear axle. The result of this is the entire tractor wants to lift the nose *up*. Since the nose is already somewhat up (being on a slope) it is easier for it to go more "up".

Yes, it will do this even with the blower attached. Yes this is bad. If one did not have an attachment on the front I would worry that the tractor would attempt to flip completely over, at which point you would have a 800 pound tractor on your chest. Plus two T105 batteries dumping acid on you. No, this does not sound like a good thing.

I'm not sure if it would flip with the snowblower on the front and a weight box on the back. I guess someone could give it a shot with a remote to activate the brake: Let it get rolling down a hill for 10 seconds, then lock up the brakes. Note, I would not recommend this at all.

I prefer going down hills front-wheels down. The result if you lock up is a slide, not a flip.

Chris