Re: (ET) Advice for tractor purchase

My guess that most of the people on this list have E-12's, GE built more of these 'large frame' tractors than other models. I have an E-12 with mower and snow plow. The snow moving ability is impressive, one guy has a bucket loader on an E-12. All share the same frame and transaxle. The E-12 is the least complex, electrically speaking. Knowing what I know now if I was to buy another tractor I would make sure the frame is not badly rusted...at the least, examine the frame from underneath. Remove the service panels underhood and in the footwell and look to see if the wiring seems original, there are tractors out there re-wired by Rube Goldberg. GE used black numbered wiring and the E-12 has 4 big contactors (some, including mine, have just 2 big contactors, an upgrade).
Good luck