(ET) Sweeper brushes coming loose

Question: I'm using my sweeper pretty heavily this fall and I've noticed that the chain is falling off more. Closer inspection shows that the connection between the gear/axle and the brush axle is "loose". Not sure why yet, but this could be a problem.

Is it possible to replace the brush axle and gear? Does anyone on the earth sell those anymore? Any ideas on how to maintain this thing so it will continue to run forever?

But boy does it work. A little too well actually; it does thin out the grass. So what I've been doing is driving the tractor backwards with the deck to mulch the leaves to dust (going forward does squat) then picking up any large piles with the sweeper.

Chris