Re: (ET) Nothing works!

A couple more thoughts...

Is the key switch turned on when you are engaging the power disconnect? Less variables if the key switch is off.

Take a look at the control relays and make sure none of the little fingers got bent and are doing odd things.

When you installed the new batteries, how did you deal with the height of the battery terminals vs the top of the battery box as I don't think you replaced the battery box? Look for any evidence that a battery terminal is touching the body of the tractor when the seat is down.

For the lift, a 30-amp slow blow is used. The control and lighting fuses are 20-amp regulars. All are common fuses that you can get from a good hardware store (or me or Harold etc).

paul mitchell2007 comcast net wrote:
Yes, the lift motor works after the 30A fuse opens. The lights are also inoperable, and I have all the manuals. I'm taking the day off tomorrow to work on it, and this will be the first real concentrated effort I've had to diagnose what's going on. However, being that this is my first foray into diagnosing electrical problems, I was hoping to get some ideas where to start. Thanks
--
Jim Coate, Spencertown, New York

NOTE: Mail sent to the "NO_REPLY" address will *not* reach me.
To send me a private message, please follow the directions here:
http://www.coate.org/contact_jim/

1998 Electric S-10, 1997 Solectria Force, 1970's Elec-Traks
http://www.eeevee.com

The Electric Tractor Store is now open!
http://www.electrictractorstore.com