Re: (ET) Nothing works!

Caution: late night ramblings as I should be in bed, but that said...

By (sleepy) memory, the 30 amp fuse is for the lift; the control fuse and lights fuse are each 20 amps. Which fuse is it that blows?

If you go through the battery pack with your meter, does each battery add ~6 volts to the total? ie keep the black meter lead on the most negative terminal (B5-) and move the red lead up one battery at a time and should see 6, 12, 18, 24, 30 and 36 volts (or a little higher if fully charged) as move from B5+ to B6+ to B4+ to B3+ to B1+ to B2+. And yes, GE numbered the batteries in the most confusing way possible. Diagram here:
http://electrictractorstore.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=8&chapter=10

I'd ask what the gauges on the dash do, but if the fuse blows, the meter may not do anything?

As RJ said, knowing what model would help. If the GE tag went to the scrap yard along with the original rusty side panels, we'll have to get a few details to guess the model. First up would be the approximate diameter of the drive motor? (this determines if perm magnet model JA or sep-ex models CA-HA).

paul mitchell2007 comcast net wrote:
My E12 looks brand new: 4 new tires, rusted metal replaced, fresh paint, and new decals. The only problem...it doesn't run!
1) When I engage the power disconnect, the 30A fuse blows.

--
Jim Coate, Spencertown, New York

NOTE: Mail sent to the "NO_REPLY" address will *not* reach me.
To send me a private message, please follow the directions here:
http://www.coate.org/contact_jim/

1998 Electric S-10, 1997 Solectria Force, 1970's Elec-Traks
http://www.eeevee.com

The Electric Tractor Store is now open!
http://www.electrictractorstore.com