Re: (ET) Nothing works!

     To answer your questions, I must ask a question. What flavor of E-12 is it ? Please provide the numbers stamped on the plate found in the forward battery compartment. :)

RJ

paul mitchell2007 comcast net wrote:
Hi,

My E12 looks brand new: 4 new tires, rusted metal replaced, fresh paint, and new decals.  The only problem...it doesn't run!  In the process of restoring my E12, I had all the motors tuned up professionally, and I cleaned all the connections.  Now after having reassmebled everything, only the lift motor is working.  I am pretty confident that all the wiring is back together correctly, as I cleaned each connection one at a time to be certain everything went back where it belongs, and I followed the wiring diagrams in the manual.  My questions are as follows:

1) When I engage the power disconnect, the 30A fuse blows.  I am using a standard 30A 32V fuse from the automotive store.  Is this the problem?  Should I be using a 30A slow blow fuse?  Does the voltage need to be at least 36V?  Where do I get the correct fuse?

2) Any suggestions on how to proceed with diagnosing why nothing else works?  I'm working on the lights first, and I think I'm on my way to solving that problem.  How do I proceed on the rest?  I'm not sure where to start given that NOTHING else works except the lift motor.

Oh, I should say that the batteries are brand new (T-105), and each is putting out 6V according to my volt meter.  Also, the lightbulbs are all brand new, as are all the dash instruments.  I didn't replace any of the relays, but I did go over all the wiring and replaced any wires that were frayed.  Suggestions?

Thanks!

Paul