Re: (ET) Mower deck cut quality

And here's one more thing about sharpening blades that is often overlooked.Square / straight ends of the cutting surface.The blades tend to wear more at the ends because that's where the highest rotational velocity is present.The mistake that is often made during sharpening is that the cutting surface at the blade tip is no longer parallel with the blade edge.It may be sharpened, but the end is not square. This allows the blade to knock the grass over instead of cutting it at the end of it's sweep..THAT is what leaves the stripes of improperly cut grass in your lawn.

RJ

Clean Power Supply wrote:
 If your Elec-Trak deck meets all of the criteria below it should produce
that nice cut of which you speak.

 Sharp blades-all of the same size.
 Blades all spinning in the proper rotation :-)
 A good deck-not twisted and bent from abuse.
 Good deck rollers and caster wheels.
 Rollers and wheels adjusted to have deck level.

 Sincerely,
 Harold Zimmerman
 Clean Power Supply
 Supplier of Elec-Trak parts.
I have heard alot of talk about how the Elec Trac mower decks do not give
 a good cut, and I would like to know what kind of mower are being
compared   to. I recently started using an I-5 and it gives a better
quality cut than   any mower I have ever owned except for a push mower. My
previous   experiance with moweres is limited to three brands, Arens, John
Deer, and   Roper and none of them had a deck that lasted, or gave as good
a cut as   the Elec Trak.