To: <Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: (ET) Motors

I had one go bad last night. Broke a magnet.

I now have three cans each with only one magnet in them. All of them
broke the magnet that is glued over the seam in the case. I wonder if
the seam is moving ever so slightly and breaking the magnets. I would
think rotating the magnets 90 degrees so they are not ever the seam
would make a more robust motor.

Maybe G.E. has already addressed this sometime in the past 30 yrs. ??

Oh wait... make that 4 motors, I have an E-14 drive motor with the
same symptom, but of course a much larger magnet.

Jim, do you know if you have any magnets? This is not time
critical..don't make special efforts to check.

Stay Charged!
Hump