Re: (ET) E12 Stuck in Reverse/B145 traction motor overheating

I'm lost. [ Not all that difficult to do. :) ] The model number you have provided doesn't fit with the information in the Homeowner's Service Manual.

By way of review:

E-12 models AA & BA are the E-12 S

Basically a neutered E-15 AA to HA with three armature controlled speeds only, electronic controls and the problematic field reversing scheme for directional control. Has smaller traction motor, smaller tires and only one drive belt.Possesses three armature controlled speeds in Reverse.

E-12 models CA to HA.

Uses armature contactor reversing scheme. Has three armature resistor controlled traction motor speeds. Possesses only two armature controlled speeds in Reverse.Has a centrifugal switch in the traction motor to delay the closing of armature resistor contactor 2A to delay third speed. This can be bypassed by pushing the Power Pulse button on the dashboard.Appears in two chassis types, short wheelbase for the front mount mower, long wheelbase for the mid mount mower.

Based on these descriptions, which one do you have ? <VBG>

RJ

Patrick McCabe wrote:
RJ,
It's a model 26AE12CH. The B145 uses a permanent magnet motor which I have always found to be less powerful than the E12.
Patrick McCabe