From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu <elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy
tufts edu>
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Mon May 12 11:13:13 2008
Subject: (ET) Advice on setting up and E20 and front Deck

Hi
Ok I am finally into my new place and I am now cutting the grass or more
correctly my dandelion plantation with a E20, front mower with a side
discharge. So, now I moving from theory to reality.

This is the first time I actually mowed with a 48 inch deck. I have a few
issue that I need some input on.
The first is that every once and a while the E20 doesn't seem to move to
full throttle even when the foot peddle is right to the foot pad.
Secondly, I only seem to be able to cut about 1/2 and acre and the grass
wasn't that long.
Third, the cut isn't what I hoped for and the deck was set at 4 inches,
would a rear discharge cut better than a side?

I have to confess, I haven't really done any set up to this rig, I just
put one of my decks on a working E20 and when to town. What do I need to
do to optimize the cutting, would Gator blades help? I am probably going
go to and E15, because I find the foot throttle literally a pain to use
and I have the luxury of being able to set this rig up to 100%. while
still making do with the E20 rig.

Geof Thompson