Re: (ET) battery drainage question

George Stoneberg Wrote
>Interestingly, this weekend I just spent a few hours with one of the guys
at LionEV, the >Lithium battery manufacturer (http://www.lionev.com/) our
electric car club has been >working with.  He likes to store and ship his
lithium cells at 40% of their rated charge.  >However, he can and does ship
them at 100% charge, though the shippers don't like it and >usually charge
extra.  He actually had one shipping company try to charge him more
>because they believed the cells would weigh more fully charged?!

In a very narrow sense they will weigh more charged.  For a 100Ah/3.2V cell
it works out to about 3.5pgrams if I've done the math correctly.  I defy
the shipping co. to measure that.

Robert