Re: (ET) battery drainage question

When the ET is stored/unused, I charge the Trojan pack once a month whether it needs it or not, sort of like bathing.

Every couple years I remove the batteries, look for rust, damp wipe the entire case of each batt including the bottom and re-install in a different position.  When doing this with four-year old Exides I found a leak and a rusty hitch extender. Also found the culprit...a damaged (by the seller) lower corner on one of the batts that took years to crack and leak.  Dumped the acid into a plastic container, pried open the crack, cleaned with water and used GE black silicone to plug it.  That batt never leaked again. It should be noted that I think I caught this leak before it really became a problem...the spg tested as strong as the rest of the pack.

I'm not suggesting you have damaged batteries but recently at the local auto supply I saw a battery delivery guy trip and drop a handcart of batteries on the blacktop. It do happen.
Jack