Re: (ET) battery drainage question

That's the same story with my ET batteries. One tragic pattern is when the water gets low, and the charger stays on (or cycles) and the water gets lower still... bad phenomenon there.

I know this isn't your situation, but a reminder: if you are reviving dead, low-water batts, just water to the top of the plates THEN charge, then top-up as necessary;  fully-charged batts have the highest water level.

-Max

On 4/14/08, subscriptions aeolusdevelopment com <subscriptions aeolusdevelopment com> wrote:
Banks, Michael J. Wrote

>When I went to hook up a trailer, I notice a huge pile of dried battery
>acid on the trailer hitch extender (little metal bar to move the trailer
>hitch out from under the tractor).
>
>I checked the batteries and 3 cells in 3 different batteries were a
>little low, the plates were just beginning to clear the water.   I added
>a little more water.    I know I put a little too much water in a few
>cells the last time I filled it.
>
>Is this leakage common?

It's not unusual at least.

>  Anything I can do about it?

Don't overfill the cells. I don't think there is a lot more you can do
really.

Robert