http://www.plitch.com/loader1.htm

This is great for snow removal- a little or a lot...

Pieter

At 05:49 PM 2/20/2008, Jerry Rhodes wrote:
Bob, for a bucket I have seen most take a blade add 16" onto the bottom across the front wings on both sides bottom to top, take off the trip springs add a latching unit and a trip cord an you have a bucket for the front loader

Jerry NW Ohio

----- Original Message -----
From: Kleinbrahm, Robert
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 5:34 PM
Subject: (ET) Loader Bucket!

I know this probably isn?t a good time to bring this up with the most of you back in the land of winter weather, but here goes.  I have been toying with the idea of converting my snow blower over to a loader bucket arrangement.  I have not had the need to use this for snow removal as I get a light dusting at best here in California, so it has sat in the corner taking up space.  Last weekend I pulled it out and started to remove items from it like the screw and motor assembly.  I have also cut most of the supporting braces off of the unit along with the shoot.  Now when I turn the unit over with the scoop opening on the bottom it does indeed start to look like a usable bucket.  I am going to cut it down from its 44 inch size to 36 inch size and then weld the two halves together along with some additional metal plate on the ends so that it can pivot.  I will then modify the original support arms to hold the bucket and pivot it on its new axis.  Probably will look into getting a small electric hydraulic ram for the movements etc.
Has anyone else modified a snow blower in this fashion?
Thanks,
Bob K.
Robert Kleinbrahm
Senior Network Engineer
First Republic Bank
San Frincisco, CA. 94111
(415) 288.1478
rkleinbrahm firstrepublic com
"Just agree with me and we'll both be right."

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.  This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.

First Republic Bank and its subsidiaries do not take responsibility for, or accept time-sensitive instructions sent by email including orders, funds transfer instructions or stop payments on checks. All instructions of this nature must be handled by direct communication, not email.

We reserve the right to monitor and review the content of all email communications sent or received. Emails sent to or from this address may be stored in accordance with regulatory requirements.

First Republic Bank is a Division of Merrill Lynch Bank & Trust Co., FSB