(ET) Ni-Zn batteries

To the list,

I may have come across a couple of skids of what appear to be unused or nearly unused nickel zinc batteries. There are a couple of sizes, but most appear to be 40 AH 12V and around 6" x 14" x 7" high or so (I didn't have the opprtunity to measure them accurately). There also may be some 12V smart chargers for them. Are they something particularly worth having? Are they tricky to charge? I don't know yet what they are likely to cost. Does anyone have a rough idea what they might be worth? Anyone want some? They are in MA. I will have to move quick if I do anything, as I am leaving the country next Thurs for a month or so.

Harry Landis