Re: (ET) E20 motor at 48V

I would think the Honda should be a good chassis for a conversion.

OK, I need some education - can you use a sep-ex controller with these motors? I thought these motors were, strictly speaking, compound motors, though I understand they are 'mostly' series motors, with a 'bit' of shunt field. This is why they run faster in reverse (when the fields act together). Do I have this right? And if so, can you use a sep-ex controller with them?

Would the Alltrax be the best controller (even if used in a non-ET application)?

(I know just enough to be dangerous.)

- SteveS

Jeff Tickner wrote:

I have a spare E20 motor and an old Honda 750 I would love to do that with also. I saved the guts of my E15 when I put the Alltrax in for the intent of creating some kind of controller, have the throttle cable move the lever on the speed control.

I was also thinking of these guys here, a relatively cheap sep ex controller, scroll down to the KD36303, 300A with regen for $249
http://www.kellycontroller.com/mot/Brushed-Motor-Speed_Controller.html