Re: (ET) E20 motor at 48V

I thought the E20 was about 4-5 Hp with peak HP of 20 (hence the E-20 as in equal to a ICE with 20 HP). I don't think the 1 hour continuous rating would be a problem, I should be so lucky to be able to run a hour on the batteries I'll be able to carry!

Good discussion though. It's much cheaper to learn from mistakes on paper!

- SteveS

subscriptions aeolusdevelopment com wrote:
SteveS Wrote
Whoa. I thought it was more like 4 or 5. That changes things.

Hmm - I guess the torque curves for the motor does look like it says 1.2HP (the graph paper made it look like 4.2). But it shows about 10 ft-lbs at 2250 RPM. Isn't HP :

Remember electric motors have considerable peak torque above their
nameplate rating.  That's likely what you are looking at (available
torque).  It's not available for continuous use, only for short burst.  And
as Walter says watch for continuous vs intermittent use.  Current is all
important for long term ratings.  Too much current and it overheats (and
you can get too much current at much lower than the motors rated voltage,
just sit the motor is stall or only let it move slowly).

Robert