Re: (ET) Power Source ? Mystery Spinner

Konstanty, Walter Wrote
>  Came across this website...interesting...a mystery "spinner" made from
>off the shelf parts that produces 3 times the power required to run
>it...
>
>http://keelynet.com/tilley/tillblock.htm

That's rather amusing (or sad depending on whether you take it seriously).

It strikes me that there is a corollary to Clark's third law(1) along the
lines of

For some portion of the public technology is magic.

And if case you were wondering, of course it doesn't work.

Robert

(1) "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke's_three_laws