Re: (ET) Chris Zack, are you there?

David Roden wrote:
On 27 Nov 2007 at 16:02, robert winfield wrote:

thundersky LiFePhos cells. 60 amp 3.2v @abt $120

Sixty amps isn't enough current to drive the ET and handle all the accessories. Or do you mean 60 amp HOURS?

IN this case, both are correct. The big bitch about the Thunder-Sky from what I remember is that they can't deliver more than a discharge rate of 1C. Thus a pack of 60ah cells could deliver at most 60a.

Given that the Elec-trak I run can pull over 100a per string (I have two strings of NiCDs) when doing fun things like tilling, snow blowing and such I would find 60a to be way too little.

By comparison, the NiCDs I use can easily put out 200a per string. Apparently they can put out 800-1000a for short periods (that's why they are used to start jet engines)

Chris