Re: (ET) Dead sweeper motor, need new one

What manner of long thin motor? Like the early mower deck motors? Or like the permanent magnet traction motors, of which there are three types that I am aware of ?

RJ

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Zach" <cz alembic crystel com>
To: "Elec-Trak" <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2007 12:15 PM
Subject: (ET) Dead sweeper motor, need new one

Well, the sweeper motor died this morning, right at the beginning of
leaf season.

Cause of failure is shorted armature windings. Symptoms are "chugging"
aand popping the klixon even on the bench. Bypass Klixon and wires catch
fire.

Anyway, does anyone have a good long thin motor for sale? Or even better
an armature from one that isn't bad.

This makes the third shorted armature I've seen in my years of ET
ownership; can these be rewound or are they garbage?

Chris