Re: (ET) External charger question

Basic question, but is the main disconnect (the funny switch on the left edge of the dash) turned on? It needs to be turned on for the charger to charge. If it is off, the charger will indeed make a lower humming sound.

If the main disconnect is already 'on', then possibly a loose wire from the charger to the switch? Beyond that the capacitor is probably the most likely component to fail, or maybe the diodes.

After you start the cahrger you shuld see the pack voplatge rise form ~38 volts to 42+ volts over the next few hours. near the end of the charge cycle, just before the timer shuts it off, the voltage should be nearing 45 volts. Once the timer shuts it off, the voltage will fall back to 38+ volts.

Banks, Michael J. wrote:
My charger doesn’t seem to be working...

--
Jim Coate, Spencertown, New York

NOTE: Mail sent to the "NO_REPLY" address will *not* reach me.
To send me a private message, please follow the directions here:
http://www.coate.org/contact_jim/

1998 Electric S-10, 1997 Solectria Force, 1970's Elec-Traks
http://www.eeevee.com

The Electric Tractor Store is now open!
http://www.electrictractorstore.com