Re: (ET) E20 brakes, ug

Chris:

I am new at this. I bought a New Idea EGT 200 this spring. The inside brake
pad was also worn out. I tried a puller on the brake disk and realized that
I was only bending it so I quit. I decided to drill out the rivets holding
the disk to the hub and remove the disk. This enabled me to hook the gear
puller's arms/fingers behind the hub. I was then able to remove the hub. I
then cleaned and lubricate the shaft and the hub so that it moved freely on
the shaft. I them pop riveted the disk back onto the hub.
Now that the disk can move freely on the shaft I should not have any
problems with just the inner puck wearing out. I did not have to remove
anything except the left rear wheel. You will NOT be able to remove the
inner puck assembly until after you remove the disk. You do not have to
disassemble anything else on the tractor.
I relined my own brakes by hack-sawing the lining off of some old
automotive
disk brakes and riveting it to the tractor brake calipers and then grinding
the outer edges of the lining to match the calipers. I used epoxy to attach
the lining to the calipers several times, but it always failed after a
couple of weeks. I was using the good stuff, the West Systems epoxy that I
used to restore my fiberglass boat but it did not work for this purpose. I
also tried JB Weld. It did not work either.

I do not know if I replied properly to the group. Please let me know.

Thanks

Barry