Re: (ET) [Fwd: [EVDL] The Case for the Electric Tractor] (fwd)

Agree with lots of what you say Pieter. I think though the ET size 'tractor' is a good place for electric. Most aren't used more than a few hours a day (or even week). Most would be recharged at night (off-peak), or hopefully by solar during the non-use days. The weight (up to point) helps in a lawn tractor, especially when pushing snow. No noise, no exhaust smell - neighborhood friendly. I see people junk tractors after only a few years - usually due to something simple, like a crud in the carb or some simple part broken. You'd think a major manufacturer would have a electric tractor on the market. The biggest problem - misusing the battery pack could be prevented by electronics.

Guess I'm preaching to the choir  ;-)

- SteveS