Re: (ET) Stock E20 charger

Alright, fair enough.

I guess I'm too worried about the "what if's" after my last incident.  I
can
think of a couple of problems that might occur that might cause the
charger to
come on automatically when it really shouldn't, but they might be very
rare.

For instance, what if 2 of the batteries get cross-connected somehow (say
metal object bridging the divide)?  This will cause one battery (6V) to be
bypassed, creating a 30V pack, which will then destroy the batteries when
the
charger activates, I would assume.  Still, what are the odds of that
happening?

The other is the water issue, but since I hereby pledge to always remove
all
caps and check the water in all cells once per month from now on, I don't
think
that'll be a problem again.

--
Jeremy Gagliardi

to occasionally pop off ALL of the caps and glance at the water level.

>For heavy winter use I have a switch mounted that byasses the SSR. This
allows the stock charger to run continuously until I shut it off. Some may
be
worried about that setup. But, I figure like you said if I'm coming back
in 8-
12 hrs to plow again what harm could there be? Maybe I burn off a
tablespoon or
two of water but at least I'm plowing with warm batteries. If more snow
isn't
in the forecast then I just let the Landis do what it does best. I
plow/blow
three driveways, sometimes 3 times a day. This setup has worked from me.