Re: (ET) Re Inventing the Wheel

I see.  I wonder if I could rig it to plug into the accessory outlet on
the
side of the tractor.  That way, I wouldn't even have to have it in the
tractor.

Regarding the Landis unit, it was meant to be a home-grown, low cost way
of
controlling the stock GE charger--keep your charger, just control it
differently.  The Soneil is a charger and controller in one.

I see the 3610SRF is US$179.66.  That's not "cheap", but then neither are
6
brand new batteries to replace some overboiled ones, either.  The 3605S is
only
US$60.96.  That's not a bad price, but forgive my ignorance, is it big
enough
to charge the ET batteries?

-----

By the way, I love reinventing the wheel.  It's good practice for when I
have
to "invent" a customized version of it for the government.  There's no
sense in
using a regular wheel, when you can make one from the ground-up from brand
shiny new specs that'll net your company millions of $$$ in contract
revenue.
Ah, but I kid.  Seriously, though, going back to square one and designing
something from scratch is not only interesting, it may get one started in
something worthwhile.  I was seriously thinking about getting out my
electronics book again, and seeing if I could make a simple enough circuit
myself.

--
Jeremy Gagliardi