(ET) Re Inventing the Wheel

"We need to find an 'inspired' Microcontroller Engineer (meaning EE & CS

skills) who wants to design PIC (or similar) microcontroller into a charge controller with real time clock, alarm (piezo buzzer, etc), voltage readout, and maybe temperature and current monitoring. [adding more features adds some cost in hardware, and tedious software testing]

I know bits and pieces of this (strong enough in hardware part), but am far too weak in C or Assembly language programming to get it done in timely manner.

Maybe we could form an 'Open Source' team to design this - similar to the project for PWM motor controllers called OSMC (Open Source Motor Controller).

In that case, a few guys collaborated on electrical hardware and software design for a microprocessor controlled, Pulse Width Modulated DC motor controller, for hobby Robotics competition."

Or you could buy a Soneil Charger for $100.

Geof Thompson