To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 8:01 AM
Subject: Re: (ET) How NOT to check your batteries...

I don't know what separator damage is.

David Roden wrote:
Probably not. Shed lead sulfate is relatively heavy and it doesn't float.
It
sinks to the bottom of the cells.  If the battery gets enough vibration,
it may
get stirred up, and give the electrolyte a grey color.

Stirred up?  The water was bubbling.  Could that do it?

The water was a bit greyish.

--
Jeremy Gagliardi
E20