(ET) FW: Hunting for and E-65

Hello All
This was sent to me by Larry and he said I could forward it to the list. Enjoy.

Geof

From: Lepellum aol com [mailto:Lepellum aol com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 11:26 AM
To: Thompson, Geof
Subject: Re: (ET) Hunting for and E-65

Why don't we all get together and lobby one of the "old" manufacturers to star  manufacturing a new electric tractor?  I used to sell and service ElekTraks for Kemerly G.I.T.S. (Golf, Industrial, Turf Services) here in Indianapolis.  We sold Cushman Golf Carts and Industrial vehicles as well.

We sold 2100 ElekTraks in 6 months back during the gas shortage.  I had an E-12m with the cart, lawn roller, broadcast spreader, edger-trimmer, hedge trimmer, cultivator, welder, and snow blade with weights and chains.  It helped my property value so much that the deal involved all the equipment in the sale.

I am a FIRM BELIEVER in the ElekTrak and could really use one now that I have had a stroke.  The ease of use would be invaluable!  I even had my 5 year old daughter mowing with it back in the 70s!  She knew that she could turn it off by standing up.

The E-12m was my favorite of all the units.  They were more rugged than the E-20 and E-15.  The circuit board with all the connectors were constantly coming loose.  In the E-12m, I only replaced one contactor (factory defect) in the 3 years I ran service.

Most of the service calls I had were where people didn't understand the electric tractor and how to use it correctly.

I currently have an 18 HP Yard-Man Tractor with 42 inch mower and it isn't half the machine the ElekTrak was!

I have sent e-mails to Toro (deaf ears) and AVCO New Idea thanking me for my concern.

MTD, who makes Yard-Man Tractors, didn't say no and I think they will listen to the multitudes of Electric Tractor fans.  They are into NASCAR and we had a working deal with USAC to supply the tow vehicles (E-12m) for the Indianapolis 500 back in 1973 or 74.  We even set up one with a double seat and a fringed top for Tom Carnegie, the Voice of the 500 who just retired recently.

Who do we need to talk to in order to get this rolling?

Larry