(ET) Get your red hot terminals

 - Greetings -

It is a good bet that Perry has a mechanically snug but electrically
resistive battery terminal.  An oxide or salt layer may have formed at
the connection which has raised the resistance.

Usual remedy is to remove the cable, wire brush the mating surfaces of
the connection, and put back together with suitable snugness.  This is
easier to do with automotive post-type battery connections.

In an extreme case of mishandling the battery, it is possible that the
internal connection has been cracked and is now a high resistance path.

Good luck.

                                                Rhett