Re: (ET) Dead E-15

Yes, it's important. It failed because it is over a quarter of a century old ! <VBG> You could operate the tractor with it bypassed, but you lose a layer of redundant protection for the traction motor, and for some parts of the wiring.Keep you nose keenly aware for the scent of overheated wires or windings. Clean Power I'm sure has a replacement part. If not I'm sure that other Listers can track one down for you.

RJ

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pete Lukken" <petelukken taconic net>
To: "RJ Kanary" <rjkanary nauticom net>; <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 4:03 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) Dead E-15

RJ...

You are correct, CB-1 is open. I can easily tie the leads together and make everything go. So, just how important is this thermal limiter and why would it fail while in the charging mode? Would I be working in imminent disaster mode if I should jumper around it?

Thx again to all for your assistance.

Peter