Re: (ET) Tired of lead acid batteries

For half that figure, you CAN have flooded lead acids that WILL go the distance for ten years.Low initial cost doesn't always translate into economical performance.

RJ

----- Original Message ----- From: "Perry Cain" <perry suppleye com>
To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 1:56 PM
Subject: (ET) Tired of lead acid batteries

I have been buying the cheapo Sams Club golf cart batteries.  They just
don't last.  2 yrs, and I've had to replace a few.  Also, lead acid just
seems so old fashioned.

So no major problems, but looking for an alternative.

It looks like the bb600's might be of interest.  But not for $1000.

Thanks for the input all.

Perry Cain
perry suppleye com