(ET) safest way to get an ET into a pickup truck?

I had wooden ramps too, but I wasn't comfortable with
them enough to use them so I ended up buying a pair of
aluminum ramps at tractor supply that were rated for
the load with me on the tractor.  I've got a E12s with
a front mount mower that I removed before loading and
unloading.

I prefer to back mine into my Dodge Ram, but I've
found that parking the truck in the street and setting
the ramps on the driveway helped to level things out
quite a bit.  I would highly recommend finding a place
to park where you can level things out some while
scary on the way up the ramps.

I did drive it frontwards into a U-haul once with the
wheels just riding on the loading ramp's raised edges.
 I found that with a little patience I could even turn
it around inside the largest U-Haul truck, because I
certainly wasn't going to ride it down the ramp edges
going backwards!

Whatever you do, the main goal in loading/unloading is
to not get hurt!

Allen

 a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.