(ET) Mower Motor Reinforcing Flange

Ralph wrote that he switched from forward to reverse all the time with no harm to the Alltrax. Thanks Ralph your comment means very much to me. Your diagrams and your encouraging response to my message gives hope that my wife and I may continue to enjoy the E-20.  The blades are a new set which may need closer attention. I will work on them before I cut more grass. The motors are old and vibrate even without the blades. My procedure in the past was to remove the blades and disconnected the power to two motors. The connected motor blade was loosened and turned about 10 degrees retightened and started to check for vibrations. When I reached the point where vibrations were the least the blade was marked with a file for future sharpening. The motor disconnected from power and then to the next motor. With my old blades each motor blade was marked and always returned to the same position on the same motor after light sharpening. My new blades have written a whole new story and have amplified the motor internal defects. I will try the same procedure with the new blades but I may be forced back to my old one and try to match them back to the right motor. When your only available resource is a little time you can perform these trial and error actions easily.