Re: (ET) intermittent mower deck motor

Thanks for replies. A bit more info to help (maybe). I did check the voltage to all three motors by disconnecting each at the TOP (so nothing actually turned on). Turned on ignition, PTO, seat switch – and measured voltage from wires (one to motor, other to TOP). All read a steady 38V. So my inclination is to not suspect wiring.

After hooking everything back up - I could also hear a “clicking noise” from the motor in question just after I turned the PTO power off. Sounded like a reset switch of some kind inside the motor? Probably was resetting each time it started/stopped – but is hard to hear with the other motors running.

Also – did do the motor spin test – with inconclusive results. The motor that is cutting out will cause the other two to turn. The center one will not cause either of the others to turn. The left most motor will cause the right one to turn. Will monkey around more with this tonight…..

Mike

Newark, Ohio