(ET) brake shaft on larg-frame

George,

    The shaft must have gone through a deep freeze.  Tried most everything.  Had to take the tractor to the spring thaw.  Heating it to cherry red allowed the shaft to be driven out.  Had to redrill the holes in the shaft larger do to wiggle after trying to get it to move with a hammer.  I was told that there was an oil hole that might be full of dirt or painted over.  None found.  I am going to drill a hole for future use.  But first i will polish up the shaft and coat it with grease.
    I ordered new front tires. 18X6.50X8  Went to pick them up and the size had been written down incorrectly.  They were 18X8.5X8.  Took one and tried it.  Had to reverse the rim to get clearance.  I can rub the fender on a very tight turn.  But with 26X12X12 ag tires on the back and the extra wide and 2 inch higher tires on the front, it looks like it should walk on water or at least float.

    Grass is growing.  Hope to try it out this pm.
Thanks for all the help.

Dan Childress
Sprusegoose