Re: (ET) Wind power and tractor batteries - Home Power CD's

Home Power Magazine has all their back issues available on CD.
The print issues are easier on my eyes, but the CD 's sure save space.

The number one they they talked about is energy conservation - since a
full
solar system, with large  PV array, battery pack, and high quality sine
wave
inverter, ended up producing electricity that cost about $0.65 per KWh (a
few
years ago.  Solar panels might have dropped in price, but batteries went
up ...).  Wind systems in Windy areas could produce electricity for a bit
less.

So - the first thing they talked about is super high efficiency
refrigerator,
NO electric dryer, No air conditioning, etc.  But, they have microwave
ovens,
hair dryers, TV's Computer's and a variety of other modern electric
appliances.

Design/Build an ultra energy efficient house - and everything in it.
Evaluate the site for Wind, Hydro, and Solar.
Learn about types of batteries, and battery maintenance.
Consider Solar Thermal.

Good Luck.

John