Re: (ET) 12 Volt batteries!

  Here's my experience with new never used 6+ yr old batteries.

 These were Hawker Genesis batt's, I could reasonably expect any other
 brand to not fair as well as these...

 I received them in their unopened factory shipping boxes, they are all at
 least 6 yrs old.

 If the open circuit voltage read 11 or better, I had a 99% success rate
 just plugging them into a Schumacher SpeedCharge charger
 http://store.schumachermart.com/sc-1200a.html (bought at Wal-mart). One
 note though, they don't sit at 12.80 like Hawker says they should, they
rest at
 more like 12.69-12.74. BUT!! I haven't cycled them, just charged them,
 with a little exercise I expect them to increase.

 Open circuit voltages of 8.5 - 11 were about a 65% success rate.

 Below 8.5 was about 10%.

 The batteries below 11v were put on the charge scheme that David pointed
 out, up to 80 volts through a headlight, until the current started to
 rise, then the light was removed and the V reduced to 14.7 - 15 manually
kept
 constant (I used the Mil Surplus charger, commonly referred to amongst EV
 and ET'rs as a Fair Radio charger) until the current started to drop, then
 it was placed on the Schumacher..

 Dead batteries here in NY are good for an $8.00 core charge. So if they
 were free and not usable, they'd still be worth 8 bux.

 I'd go get 'em.

Stay Charged!
Hump
I-5, Blossvale NY