Re: (ET) Dismal failure

>Did you have chains? I found that the chains provided good traction even
>on the ice.

Yes, I have metal chains.  It seems I did not have enough weight.  If I
got
serious about this, I suppose I would invest in some wheel weights.

I'd toy with the idea of filling up my rear utility box with extra weight,
but
after this expedition with my E20, I felt back-heavy as it was.  The front
wheels were riding up a lot.  So, extra back weight might be a hindrance.

--
Jeremy

full
>> speed before the whole thing just quit.  Me thinks the controller
>> didn't
kick
>> in enough.  I had to put it on a "quick" 20-minute manual charge just
get
>> things going.  After use, I put it on a full manual charge.
>
>Weird, but interesting.
>
>> But, now here's the really horrible part.  I have the dozer blade on
>> for
>> plowing snow.  The crossbar is off so the blade can spring up whenever
>> it
>> encounters an obstacle.  Guess what happened?  This snow wouldn't budge
one
>> bit.  The blade just kept springing up.  Plus, the rear tires (with
chains)
>> would just spin out of control.
>
>After using the snowblower to pump out the 3 inches of sleet from most
>of my driveway yesterday morning I parked it and went to work. When I
>got back at 6pm, the blower would just ride up on what was no about 2
>inches of sheer ice.
>
>Moral: Nothing will get through ice. If the 200+lb blower isn't going to
>do it, the dozer blade will not either. So don't feel bad :-)
>

>> I got the dang thing stuck, in 2" deep snow no less, more than 3 times.
had