Re: (ET) batts

At 09:58 AM 12/17/06 -0500, Neil Dennis wrote:
Just saw an article in the paper about a "new" lead-acid battery that
uses carbon foam somehow, it's supposed to be lighter, more efficient
(even than the 'exotics").  Wonder what that's all about?

Surface area.

It looks like an interesting idea, I don't know yet what the tradeoffs are though. I'd want to see what happened to the internal resistance, longevity and physical fragility. I'm reserving judgement until I see some actual test results.

Using foam electrodes is fairly well established in NiMH cells so it's not w/o precedent.

http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/

From the Divided by a Common Language File (Edited to protect the guilty)
ME - "I'd like to get Price and delivery for connector Part # XXXXX"
Dist./Rep - "$X.XX Lead time 37 days"
ME - "Anything we can do about lead time?  37 days seems a bit high."
Dist./Rep - "that is the lead time given because our stock is live.... we currently have stock."