Re: (ET) kill-a-watt

I bought a Kill-A-Watt last year and used it to
measure charge current on a Myers-Motors Sparrow
(www.myersmotors.com), it's now the NMG (no more gas).
Anyhow, the Zivan charger on these vehicle pulls close
to 14Amps from the 120Vac wall.  The Killawatt got
pretty hot in the 10 minute test. It's rated for
15Amps, but I would be carefull if you pull this much
current continuous.  I don't think it will be a
problem with the E-trak unless your charger pulls
really high current.
Very nifty device.  I used it to see how much power my
computer pulled in standby mode (pretty much powering
everything down but still allowing quick boot.  About
33% of regular operation mode).
Rod