Re: (ET) Wheelhorse and their last ET in 1983

Steve,

excellent summary. I tend to agree in every point you made, thanks
for the writeup.

I had toyed with the idea to try to produce an electric garden tractor
two years back when B.G. quit his business. I eventually came to the
insight that it would be possible to produce a high=priced, individually
build tractor that maybe a handfull of people would by. Potentially
enough to keep a 1-2 person business busy. But supporting such a product
seems almost impossible for a small business and reaching a lot of buyers
is also close to impossible. To educate and mass buyers a large company
and a huge effort (marketing) would be needed - plus a long term
financially
viable plan. However big companies are very careful these days with long
term investments I fear. Everything has to pay of quickly (Return on
Investment).
A CEO is not measured by the successes his successor will have due to the
wise investments the previous CEO made :) But is measured on the yearly or
quaterly outcome.

Somebody wise told me one time a quote I like that brings it to the point:
"What made the Rocket fly to the moon? The money!"

Ok, as you said, back to day to day business

Markus