Re: (ET) Battery Question

Ralph & Elaine Vogan wrote:
Why would a fully charged pack check good one 1 day, then have a shorted cell in one battery the next? I just replaced a battery with a shorted cell on a Monday. The pack is charged by a Landis controller. The next day I ran a load test on each battery and they were about 6.53 volts at a 50 amp load.+ or - .03 volts. The 3rd. day they checked out the same. On the morning of the 4th. day another battery had a shorted cell?

Perhaps the cold is causing the plates to flex, shrink, or short?

Chris