Re: (ET) GE-20 Transmission Oil Specs

David C Robie [mycroftxx1 juno com] Thu 11/30/2006 9:41 PM wrote, your tractor slows down in the cold likely not due to heavy tranny oil, but due to the battery's loss of efficiency in the cold. I found out this morning that the end cells on two T-105s are bad. One tested almost plain water and the other is very low. I cannot read the individual cells voltages and I do not really understand how any current flows through the battery now measuring 4.15 volts. I will go to the battery book and try to find out how they work. The batteries are old and probably need replacing now. Is there a magic cure or something you could pour into the dead cell to wake it up? I have tried a small 12v charger on hooked to 2 batteries for 12 volts and switched to the high starting position until the adjoining cell were boiling away but not even a tiny bubble came from the dead cell. Should I give up?