Re: (ET) E10 tire problems

David C Robie wrote:
Looks like you're on the right track electrically, Chip.  As to the tire,
be sure it aint a bad valve core (the spit bubble test after pumping it
up).   Quite often it's a rusty rim leaking at the bead.  A soap solution
brushed on with a paintbrush should find that. Try breaking the bead at
that point and cleaning it, and rust painting it.  There are some gunks
used by pro tire men that after wire brushing the bead they paint on.
   The stem itself could leak at the rim.  Again, soap solution to find
out.
If all else fails, no bubbles show anywhere on the tire rim or stem but
it still leaks down, dismount half of it, feel inside  for sharp points
that might be metal or some such in the tread.  If there ain't any, put a
tube in it.

Dave
Weymouth MA

I have an old White Equipment lawn tractor at my old house.  It has a back tire that goes flat in about 2 Hrs.
I found a rust hole through the rim about half way out from the axle.  Tried several things to get the rim off
the tractor, but it refuses to come off.  I bent the Axel shaft trying.

Ralph V
ralphgv Talkamerica net