(ET) Off Topic Electric Chainsaw

Hi all, I need some information/advice as I am still
new to these things. Over the weekend, I was cutting 4
Poplar's down, about 3-4 inches in diameter, and then
went to cutting up some evergreen logs about 12 to 14
inches in diameter. Also, I had cut down about 3
evergreens and limbed some up about 20 feet which
meant a lot of cutting in a short amount of time. I
was using a new sharp chain and I noticed that the
motor was starting to slow down quite a bit and also
what I think was white vapor from vents in the motor.
The brand is a Poulson or something like that and it
runs on AC. At one point I had to pull some branches
over to cut small stuff off to cut up for kindling and
when I used it again, it seemed to have full power
back. Partly, I think, it was because the cutting was
very light work. Does this indicate something like
brushes or something that would indicate the need to
pull the motor apart to examine? I haven't pulled
motors apart before or for a very long time. I have a
lot more limbing and or cutting down in the near
future and don't want to ruin my chainsaw as it has
already served us well. I do have an E-15 which has
been in project stage for a long time and have
followed the list for a long time. Thanks for any
advice and or suggestions.