(ET) BB600 NiCD battery watering time

Well, at long last it's battery watering time for my E20 tractor.

Last time I checked water levels was in the spring; they looked at the low end of fine, so I left them alone. Before that it was the fall of last year, so it's been a year since I added water.

All the batteries were a bit low, just below the plastic V thingie. It took 15ml of water per cell to bring them to specs, then I put another 10ml per cell just for the heck of it. 30 cells done today, the other thirty will be done tomorrow (two sets of 30 cells in parallel).

I also fixed the Link20 meter so I can see the status; they are charging to 47 volts. Now I have to get that DC-DC converter to keep from unbalancing the pack again.

Verdict: These batteries continue to be great, and even with no monitoring and the stupidest charger they work fine. I'm looking forward to snow blowing this winter.

Chris